Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Painting!

Alas, not the lovely cultured arty type. What I mean is the splodging, dripping, wavy-edged kind that involves ceilings, walls and woodwork. Three years ago we had an extension built to house our bigger and better downstairs bathroom. We also had improvements made to our kitchen and dining-room. Once the builders left the decoration was forgotten until the following Christmas when there was a sudden scurry to get the dining-room looking presentable - it still needs gloss on the woodwork and another coat of paint on the walls. No further work has been done until now.

Post-exam and post visit by rellies, I got it into my head that at last it was time to knuckle down and get on with it. I started in the bathroom, thinking it was a good place to build up some skills. Two weeks later I have learned that:

Ah well, only the ceiling to put right and the glossing to do now before the next phase of my learning curve. What has sustained me throughout my experience is that even the great Leonardo got it wrong when he painted his Last Supper so I'm not doing too badly for a beginner. Roll on Feb. when I can get back to my nice safe studying.


Comments:
LOL Daydreamer but bet B & Q are very pleased with you :-)
 
I recommend the use of masking tape for the crisp edges :-)
 
Do they make two feet wide masking tape? :]
 
Are you using a two foot wide brush?
 
Lol! Nope! A two inch cutting-in uncontrollable little blighter :]
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?