Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

Luxuriating in lather

On Christmas Day I decided to have a bath, nothing unusual about that but I can't remember the last time I had one. This is not because of a preference for ponginess, more a fondness for the speediness of the shower. I could have had my bath at any time during the day given my solitary state but I wanted to plan my perfect soak as I didn't know when the next one would occur.

First of all I whacked the heating up in the bathroom, no point in turning blue as I emerged from my watery indulgence. Next I phoned various rellies, I wanted no chance of any interruption and to doubly make sure of this I timed my bath to coincide with most folk's Christmas dinner. I turned the taps on - this was going to be no ordinary bath, this was going to be an M & S luxury bath, enhanced with a generous dollop or two of Peach Bloom Foam Bath. Ensuring I had towels at the ready, I then lit candles, brought in my cuppa, switched on a tape of carols sung by the Huddersfield Choral Society and stepped into the inviting warm wateriness.

That bath was the best thing that happened to me on Christmas Day. Half an hour up to my chin in warm frothy water was absolute bliss. I had totally forgotten the benefits of prolonged soaking and the lovely relaxed feeling it leaves you with. I might just have to have another one soon.

Comments:
Why do people burn candles in the bathroom? Is it for light, or atmosphere, or something else? Just that it's not something I would ever have thought of doing, & now I've read two references to it within a few days.
 
I suppose lighted candles add to the ambiance - I find there's something almost magical in lit candles. I don't like scented ones though - they make me sneeze.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?