Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

Patience is a virtue

Like many a thousand OU students I'm awaiting my exam results from my last course. It is sheer torture going to my Student Home Page for the umpteenth time every day only to find a smug message waiting saying 'Your course result should be available by Friday 16 December 2005.'

Why can't it vary as the days go by? Why can't it be a little more sympathetic to the agonies we're going through? Something like 'We know how tough it is waiting around like this but it's not going to make those results appear any quicker. We suggest getting on with Christmas preparations.' Or today it could have read 'For weeks now we've been telling you the result date so why are you wasting time coming in here every two minutes - we're not going to change our minds.' The one message I would not want to read is 'Here is your result: 100%' which was replaced two seconds later by 'Only joking'! That would give a good few of us a heart attack.

My life has come to a standstill, almost, at one of the busiest times of the year. I can't bear to be away from my computer for too long or on the phone 'just in case'. The daft thing is that, after these last few intense days of hoping and praying for a result, when it does appear it will be such a let down. Maybe then I'll be able to write my Christmas cards.

Comments:
ROFL!!! I enjoyed reading that...much better than going to my student page to see if my results are in! I even came downstairs and logged on in the middle of the night to see if it was there!!! But no!!

All the best and hope we all get a nice surprise tomorrow :-)
 
Tee hee - you didn't have to wait till tomorrow, did you? & it wasn't a let down, was it?!
Sneaky of them to load the results in the late afternoon though, wasn't it?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?